Day 20: Ravidi Ashbrewer, Itinerant Saint(ish)


The last A Crucible For Silver character (for now).

Ravidi Ashbrewer

Background: Mendicant

Class: Hierophant (1)


I was chosen for holy toil from my first breath. We were poor in material things, but rich in spirit. As an infant my mother bathed me in a sacred river, and I emerged free from sin. As such it is my lot to beg my way through life and spread the holy word to the furthest reaches of the world. 


No home or family can be mine, for the whole world is my home, and every person my family. And those that truly love me in return give me the meager provisions I require. Like this stew. 

At times like these I recall the words of Blessed Ronkor Seven Barrels: “I take the shape of the vessel into which I’m poured. Pour me only into the crystal of Spirit and I shall co… what?


In answer to your question, captain, no I can't gather firewood. These hands are cleansed by the Most High! Now I must perform my postprandial meditation… 



STR 11 DEX 11 WIL 14

HP 3 Defense +1d4 (armor)


Gear

Ragged Clothing

Disjointed Sermons (Mendicants can roll 1d6 and narrate begging or giving a sermon. On 4-of6 you will receive a supply for the day)

Staff

Symbol of Your Order

Bright red ball that rolls uphill and stops when trying to roll downhill.

A 1d4 dirk (short sword shape)

3 supplies

Light armor

1d100 silver


Class Abilities (The Hierophant can only have one ritual ‘prepped’ at a time)


Ritual of Binding: The hierophant must recreate the escape of a celestial entity in the form of a play or pantomime in order to invoke the miracle. This is usually done the night before. 

With this done, the hierophant may cause bindings to spring from nowhere to a target within 50ft. The victim must DEX save to escape each turn.


Ritual of Defense: The hierophant needs to consume a vial of blood taken from someone whose armor broke the previous day. This confers +1 defense to their party for the day.


Ritual of Combat: The hierophant needs to perform a telling of a story of combat, war, or trickery around the campfire. Then their party gains +1 to “to hit” rolls for the day.


Ritual of Travel: The hierophant must take the auspices the previous day. With this done their party can not become lost.


Ritual of Dreaming: The hierophant must partake of the correct entheogens, enter a sacred dream-state, and attempt to recreate the First Dream. 

Almost anything could happen: the discovery of new rituals, the hidden location of a treasure, where they need to go next on their quest, or a visitation by a divine emissary.


Examples: Ritual of...

1. Life-bringing

2. Sorcery

3. Judgment

4. Light

5. Resistance

6. Consecration


Examples: The hierophant must...

1. Bury a holy object in a specific place.

2. Journey a specific distance that day.

3. Fast a certain amount of hours.

4. Remain in meditation (not sleeping/doing other things) a certain amount of hours.

5. Ritually bathe.

6. Participate in a specific story, play, or dream quest.


Take the Auspices (not a ritual)

The hierophant asks a question of the divine concerning a future endeavor, and receive

a response of either auspicious or inauspicious. (Examples of divination include casting lots, bones, or stones, examining the entrails of a sacrificed animal, observing the flights and songs of birds, etc).





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Days of Kranium Kastle

Oh B.R.O.T.H.E.R.

Day 03: Arlene Ramsey (Hard City)