The Gathering Gloom: After First Playtest

Last night I ran the first playtest game of The Gathering Gloom. It was a hoot. The Physick, The Witch, The Battuere and The Disgraced Officer (from faraway Spain!) encountered the Kabouter and its offspring (a fairy gnome, inspired by Cronenberg). They wanted tender meat, and help in getting a relic out of the church.

To my surprise and glee one of the PCs took them up on the offer! This lead to much fun and some PvP situations that I had not prepared for. Luckily I had great players.

"I have a proposition for you..."

Things I need to work on:

- PvP rules, maybe. Or at least some thoughts on how to handle it. As the rules stand the character who wins the roll has the loser at their mercy. That's not a problem if the players are ok with it.
- A bit more background. That was a request from one of the players. I don't want to make it a game where historical accuracy is paramount.
- Some rules for GM prep. As it stands there is a bit about what dice to use and some table for generating baddies. I found that I needed a bit more, even in a short game like yesterday's.

Comments

  1. One thing I'd suggest is that violence against human beings, especially deliberate, should impact the Hope vs Certainty mechanics in some way. Are you sure this is the right thing to do? Do you want it to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a very good idea. I think a point of CERTAINTY, as you know new and unpleasant things about yourself.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Days of Kranium Kastle

Oh B.R.O.T.H.E.R.

Teen Cthulhu